Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Food: Blueberry Baked Oatmeal


I found this clean eating site that I really love called cleanfoodcrush.com.  I have made several recipes from the website and all have proven to be delicious and easy to prepare.

I made this baked oatmeal yesterday and it was so easy - I think it took less than 10 minutes to assemble and baked for about 25 minutes.  I mostly followed the recipe but used honey as my sweetener, added a pinch of cinnamon, and used 1 large egg.  Here is the recipe and the link to the website:

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
  • 4 egg whites or 1 whole large egg
  • 8 Tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
  • 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla or almond extract
  • 10 drops liquid stevia, a pinch of granulated stevia, OR sweetener of choice (YOUR personal preference).
Instructions
  1. Combine ingredients, pour into a larger cereal sized glass(oven safe) dish, coated with coconut oil.
  2. Add 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries, on top. (You can also sprinkle 1 additional Tbsp sliced almonds on top)
  3. Set the dish on a flat sheet pan.
  4. Bake for 23-25 minutes in your preheated 375 degree oven.

Recipe, picture, and website information: www.cleanfoodcrush.com

1 comment: