Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Food: Protein Snack Balls


I like to make my own protein bars so that I don't have to buy the store bought kind that contain all kinds of added sugars and preservatives.  I am always searching for new recipes that are easy, and of course, taste great.

On my search today I found another great recipe from cleanfoodcrush: Almond Joy Protein Balls. Luckily I had enough of the ingredients on hand that I only had to make a few substitutions: I used a combination of honey and pure maple syrup (from Costco) for my sweetener, I only had vanilla whey protein powder so I used that in place of the chocolate, I added about 1/2 tsp cinnamon, I didn't have the cacao powder so I substituted Trader Joe's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, and I eliminated the chocolate chips but did add chopped almonds.  With all that being said, they turned out great!  The recipe was easy to follow and they are so delicious. This recipe is a winner!

Here is the recipe from cleanfoodcrush:

1 comment: