Friday, May 6, 2016

Food: Blueberry Bars


I have to admit that I do love to bake, but it's hard to find recipes that won't completely sabotage a healthy diet and lifestyle.   When I do find a good recipe that can satisfy both the baking process and the "need" for baked goods, yet still keep you on the healthy side...I just have to share!

I found this recipe from primalpaleo.  It's easy to assemble and very tasty.  Although I could not pass them off to my children as "regular" blueberry muffins, I enjoyed them myself for an occasional sweet treat!

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups almond flour
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3 tbsp coconut sugar
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
  • 1  orange juiced and zested
  • 2  eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups blueberries
For the complete recipe, instructions, and more you can go to primalpaleo.  Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment